Jorgensen’s Mag-Drag® Magnetic Bed Drag Flight Conveyor has a unique design incorporating a series of magnets located underneath the conveyor to remove broken or fine cast iron or steel chips that are difficult to remove from coolant in metal cutting applications.
Steel or cast iron chips and fines flow with the coolant onto the load section of the conveyor. Gravity causes larger chips to settle to the bottom, while finer chips (still in suspension) are attracted by a series of magnets located underneath the conveyor. All of the chips are then conveyed out by the drag cleats.
Jorgensen’s Mag-Drag® Magnetic Bed Drag Flight Conveyors are much more effective than conventional metal melt conveyors or gravity drum filters when the material is fine steel or cast iron.
Mag-Drag® conveyors can be custom engineered to meet specifications for length and width to insure a proper fit to most any CNC metal cutting machine.
- Reduced buildup of fine chips in clean tank and less downtime for cleaning
- Cleaner coolant improves machining accuracy and prolongs tool life
- Cleaner coolant reduces the costs of coolant replacement and disposal
- Completely detachable dray chain design for ease of maintenance, pioneered by Jorgensen
- Highly cost effective
- May handle high flow applications, dependent on size
The unique Jorgensen Mag-Drag® design combines the best performance features of more traditional magnetic slider bed and drag flight scraper chip conveyors. At the same time, Mag-Drag® eliminates the “performance weaknesses” of these two more traditional designs in ferrous metal cutting applications.
Categorised in: In the Press