Single Shaft Shredder
Shredding is often a necessary step to process steel turnings and metal working scrap, especially before wringing or briquetting. Jorgensen/SFH shredders are built to fit your material and desired chip output. Shredders are equipped with removable steel blades arranged on a splined shaft. Combs on the shredders frame guide the chips while multiple rotating blades cut them to the desired size.
- 3 Single shaft shredder sizes available BCE-200, BCE-400 and BCE-600
- Range of 20-500 kg/hr. for aluminum chips
- Assembly driven by a gear motor reducer decreases speed and increase torque
- Hardened steel screen plate underneath the shaft ensures shredded chips are within a given size
*Volume output varies by application.
Sustainable economic benefits
Smaller chips result in a higher density of scrap metal leaving your facility. Fewer truckloads are needed to transport scrap metal out, resulting in lower labor and fuel costs. Finely shredded or briquetted chips have a higher market value per volume of recycled chips and comply well with most regional environmental requirements.
Single shaft shredders are equipped with removable steel blades arranged on a splined shaft. The assembly is driven by a gear motor reducer designed to decrease the speed and increase the torque. On the shredder’s frame, combs are fixed for cutting the chips during the rotation of the multiple blades. A hardened steel panel with sized holes is installed underneath the shaft to grade the crushed chips. Contact us for more details.
- Space saving
- Robust and simple construction
- Simple maintenance
- Rapid return in investment
- Reduce the volume of the chips and scrap
- Reduce storage space needed for chips and scrap
- Create a safer work environment
If the application requires a larger shredding capacity, we also offer a double shaft shredder.